- Timber Type – Green Oak or Air Dried
- Assembly Type – Supplied in Kit Form
- Grading – D24/D30/D40 Oak
- Span – Up to 11 meters
- Pitch – Bespoke – 25-45 Common
King Post Oak Truss
Precision Perfect Trusses
What is a King Post truss?
A King Post truss embodies the essence of traditional timber trusses. This type of truss has been used for hundreds of years to support roofs.
Featuring a triangular structure formed by a base tie beam and two sloping rafters, the central post adds support from the apex to the tie beam’s centre.
Optionally, two additional braces connect the base of the king post to the rafters’ centre, enhancing its strength. With a beautifully simple design, king trusses offer remarkable durability and an abundance of natural light for your space.
Where are King Post trusses used?
Typically, these types of trusses are used for spans of anything up to 20 feet, but with additional support and design work can be used for longer spans.
King Post trusses are often used in barns and churches, as well as other large buildings. Modern-day designs, however, have started to bring king trusses into smaller structures like sheds, garages and pergolas to create a unique appearance.
The custom nature of each truss build means that we can be flexible with the trusses we create. We specialise in the manufacturing of bespoke oak trusses spanning up to 11 meters.
Bespoke section sizes are also available with standard sizes including 140×140 up to 240×240.
Submit your drawings and measurements and speak to our design team to kickstart your project!
All of our designs are fully bespoke, we create a product based specifically on your needs.
- Submit your bespoke requirements and get your free quote
- Work with our In-House Design Team while they produce a 3D CAD drawing to check all the boxes of your specifications
- When approved, the Truss design heads to production to meet our state-of-the-art 5-axis and 6-axis CNC Machines
- After manufacture the frame is checked for Precision Perfection by our craftsmen
- Delivered straight to your site, in our popular Kit Form designed for easy installation
Features And Benefits
Thanks to our 5-axis HOMAG CNC and 6-axis CNC, we manufacture the UK’s most accurate timber structures, including trusses. With an accuracy of .5mm, your oak truss is precision-perfect every time.
Our Oak Trusses are manufactured and delivered in as little as 3-6 weeks.
Outpacing Industry Standards
It’s the “Build-by-Numbers” of the construction industry. Our trusses are delivered in an easy-to-assemble kit with a guide on how to perfectly install your frame.